Rank your Website in the Top in 3 months, by using SEO
SEO, organic Search Engine Optimization, is as old as the search engines; as are the stories about it.
In a nutshell, there is "white hat SEO" and "black hat SEO". We only apply "white hat" techniques,
as black hat techniques can (and will) plummet your website rankings and blacklist your entire site, for years.
Then there is "onsite SEO" and "offsite SEO", where onsite work relates to optimization done on the code and content
of the website itself. and offsite work relates to optimization done on the websites and directories referring to and linking to your site.
SEO for a new website can take over 1 year to have effect, while SEO for established websites can generate faster ranking results,
within 3-4 months. If you have a new website, we would advise to start with Pay Per Click (PPC, see menu) to generate traffic.
Factors determining an organic website ranking, also called SERP (Search Engine Result Page) include:
- Source-code settings like website title, meta-tag description, meta-tag keywords,
and picture ALT-tags;
- Content settings like header(=h1,h2)-tags, content-text, and correct internal link anchor-texts;
- Keyword settings like correct position in the website title, correct keyword-density, and correct use of
the S/C (#search/#competitor) ratio of keywords.
- Link settings like the number and pagerank of inbound (=back)links, correct inbound link anchor-texts, and
correct Google Sitemap;
- Domain settings like a correct DMOZ listing and the presence of correct keywords in the
domainname and/or website pagenames, where applicable;
- Age settings: the website age is a factor in the ranking; websites younger
than 6 months spend a long time in search-engine "sand-boxes"; being evaluated.
- Penalty factors like hidden text, homepage re-directs, content-duplication and doorway pages should be avoided.
Please note that ALL the factors above interrelate; they all should be optimal, and comply with max.length
(e.g. title and decsription) and occurrence (e.g. keywords) rules.
When they are all optimal a good Google Pagerank (at least 4) is the achievable target,
as well as a good Google/Yahoo/MSN ranking in the top 10.
That is why SEO is not easy, and that is where we can assist you.
We cannot specify all the tools we use ofcourse, but the well-known ones include the Google Adwords Keyword Tool (formerly known as the Google KeywordSandbox), Google Insights for Search, Google Trends, Wordtracker, Yahoo Buzz index, Google Zeitgeist, Altavista related searches, Websters thesaurus, etc.
And: of course one of the best ways to think about your optimal keyword-settings is: look at your succesful competitors!
We will define
the best SEO settings (see above) for your site, promote your site most effectively,
and aim to have your site shown up on page #1 in Google, Yahoo, MSN.
Next to this we will generate the best possible
google pagerank for your site
(check also pagerank explained and
google datacenter info).
The pagerank (PR) build-up strategy followed by us is guided by the following principles:
- the home page should be the prime focus of pagerank build-up, as that one carries the main (overall) pagerank of a site;
- linkbuilding should be from high PR towards low PR; facilitating "inheretance" of PR (else it will cause depletion);
- one-way inbound links count twice as heavy as 2-way (exchanged) links, and networked (except open circle) links are forbidden;
- pagerank "inhereted" by a site is "1 lower" then the PR of the originating site;
so, to get a PR of 4 you need (at least) one inbound (back)link of PR=5.
- anchor-text in the link itself, as well as contents of the page linked from, is weighed by "relevance";
the more relevant both are, the better the PR received;
- web-farm (FFA) backlinks are forbidden; and it is not advised to purchase backlinks with low relevance;
Influence of Google Instant on SEO
The launch of Google Instant in September 2010 shows search engine results changing dynamically while typing the query.
Main effect is that shorter keyphrases will be used more frequently, at the expense of "long tail" keyphrases,
as users will stop typing as soon as they see a close-enough version of their query appear.
Side effect is the "query steering" done by google; people will tend to use the phrases ("Google prefills" or "query suggestions")
offered by Google in stead of finishing their own intended query string.
As the prefills/suggestions are shown in order of decreasing search frequency, this implicates that more searched-after
phrases will be even more searched after, downsizing the number of new (rare, longtail) queries.
And as misspellings are being corrected by Google "on the fly"; they will be queried for less also.
Organic Ranking (SEO) vs. Sponsored ads (PPC); How to choose?
- Speed: organic ranking can take up to 12 months; sponsored ranking only takes 24 hours;
- Range: organic ranking is only possible for 10-15 keywords; sponsored ranking is possible for thousands of keywords;
- Stability: organic rankings can drop overnight with search algorithm changes; sponsored rankings are much more stable;
- Cost: organic rankings are free; sponsored rankings are paid per click, and can suffer from click fraud;
- Targeting: sponsored rankings can be shown per time of day or per geographic region; organic rankings cannot
- Media: sponsored ads can show rich media like banners and video ads, organic rankings basically only show text (though this is changing with google universal).
- Audience: organic rankings are shown to all people, sponsored ads can be targeted per website (adsense style) and audience demographics (gender, age, income group).
Our SEO Plans include:
There are 3 conditions which come with a target top10 ranking for a page in our SEO Plans:
- On-site SEO:
- Competitor research
- SWOT (strength/weakness/opportunity/threat) research
- Keyword and google trends research
- HTML code W3C markup validation
- Metatag optimization
- Picture tag optimization
- Keyword density optimization
- Content and context optimization
- Sales pitch optimization
- Click flow and menu optimization
- Internal link-anchor text optimization
- Off-site SEO:
- Google Sitemap optimization
- Robots.txt optimization
- External link-anchor text optimization
- Backlink choice (relevance) optimization
- Google Pagerank optimization
- SEO penalty correction where needed (on duplicate content, redirects, doorway pages)
- Advice on Social Media Optimization(Twitter/Facebook/Linkedin/YouTube/Google Wave/Press Releases)
- An extensive (25 page) SEO analysis report, with all details and planned optimization steps explained
- a keyphrase should consist of at least 2 keywords
- a page should have at least a pagerank equal to the top-ranked 5 sites, for the market segment involved
- a page should have a correct pagename, metatag title, page header and alt tags